Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Start at the End

    There is a scene in the movie "You've Got Mail" where Meg Ryan and Tom Hanks are looking at books at the market. Meg picks up a book and flips to the end and Tom asks her what she's doing. She replies that she likes reading the end first - if she likes the end, she knows she'll like getting there.

    This is soooo something I do. Well, I'm not quite as bad. I don't read the ending first. I usually get about 50 - 100 pages into the book before I sneak a peak at the end. Usually right about the time the first major twist happens...and I just can't wait and have to flip to the end to see how things go.

    This drives some people I know crazy. They think I should wait and be surprised. But hey, I am still surprised and I still enjoy getting to the ending...in fact, I might even enjoy it more because I can see how the author weaves all the twists and turns into the story since I know how it's going to end. :D

    So I'm curious...how many of you are end-first readers? Do you wait to reach the end or do you flip ahead a bit?

    P.s. My book and a swag pack is up for auction over at Write-Hope until Friday at 2 pm. Click HERE if you are interested in bidding on it. There are tons of other awesome items up for bid, so if you are looking for some signed books, fun swag, critiques, etc, or just want to help out (proceeds go to Save the Children to help those in need in Japan) swing on by!

Post Title

Start at the End


Post URL

https://shortemohaircuts2011.blogspot.com/2011/03/start-at-end.html


Visit short emo haircuts for Daily Updated Wedding Dresses Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

My Blog List

Blog Archive