Wednesday, September 14, 2011

What I Learned from R2D2

    I realized this morning that it's about time I take my own advice :D No matter what the situation, I find that taking things little by little, one piece at a time, baby stepping it, makes this so much more manageable. I tell people that all the time. Whenever my friends are feeling overwhelmed I tell them to just take things one step, or more often, one word at a time.

    Yet I've been sitting here staring at my computer for 2 weeks now.....my files are open, but I haven't managed to get anything done. Well, okay, I wrote 162 words the other day. Progress? I guess...technically. Good progress? Not really.

    I always have the hardest time starting new projects (well, I started this one a while ago. I'm 20k into it, so this should be easier, but it hasn't been). I think it's because I tend to be a "big picture" person and the thought of all the work ahead, all the obstacles, is daunting. 

    I actually realized I wasn't following my own advice as I was looking at birthday cakes for my son. He's a Star Wars nuts. Wants a Star Wars cake. I found this one online:



    How COOL is that cake? And I thought "yeah, it's awesome, but there is no WAY I can make that thing!" And then I looked at the steps. Broken down one simple step at a time, it doesn't look that hard. I mean if you look at each piece individually, it really doesn't seem so bad. I think I could probably do it. Granted, it probably won't look that good LOL But still, I think I could pull off a decent looking cake.

    So...I think I need to apply that logic (that I am so fond of telling other people) to my writing and quit be overwhelmed. I just need to take things one little piece at a time. One word, one sentence, one paragraph at a time. And maybe I can get writing again :)

    How do you tackle overwhelming tasks?

Post Title

What I Learned from R2D2


Post URL

https://shortemohaircuts2011.blogspot.com/2011/09/what-i-learned-from-r2d2.html


Visit short emo haircuts for Daily Updated Wedding Dresses Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

My Blog List

Blog Archive