Monday, March 22, 2010

Multiplicity

    Happy Monday! :) And how was everyone while I was gone? Anything fun, exciting, awesome, scary, sad, etc, etc go on?

    For me, I think I may be starting to get my life organized again. Absolutely amazing how long it takes to get back into the swing of things after you move...especially a major move like we did. Our schedules are completely different, so things are just...weird LOL

    I watched one of my favorite movies over the weekend, Multiplicity,  and started to realize that the 4 characters Michael Keaton played were reminding me a lot of...me.

    See, I have my workaholic side, like #1 - the side that wants to petition for a 36 hour day just so there is more time to write, write, and write some more.

    Then I have my Holly Homemaker side, like #2 - this one wants to do nothing but putter around my house all day making sure everything is totally spotless, with home-baked bread in the oven and my adorable, shiney and well-behaved children playing happily under my feet.

    And there is the "normal" side of me, the original version - the one that just tries my best to be a good wife and mother and writer and sometimes fails at all 3 but keeps on trying.

    However, I often find myself like #4 - the copy of a copy of a copy - the one that just didn't turn out quite right. The one who has been stretched so thin the only things he can manage in a coherent sentence are "I like pizza" and "more Coke."

    So how do I somehow combine all those personalities and make the perfectly balanced woman who can effortlessly juggle writing and mommyhood and wife-of-the-year?

    Beats the heck out me. If anyone figures it out, let me know :D

    In the meantime, I'll keep typing away, with the multi-colored plastic barrettes clinging to my unbrushed hair (my daughter made me pretty so "daddy will marry you" *snarf* gotta love kids...didn't want to break her heart and tell her that daddy's already married to me and stuck with me whether I'm pretty or not *Ha!* eh, can't hurt to let her doll me up...but I digress....) while my kids try to play Go Fish with the cat and I try desperately to remember that really important thing that I can't remember and wrote on a post-it note but someone opened the window and it blew down.....hmmm, hope it wasn't TOO important....

    *le sigh* I may not juggle well, but I do occasionally keep a few of the balls in the air - and for now, it's enough :)

    How is everyone else doing with their balancing act?


Post Title

Multiplicity


Post URL

https://shortemohaircuts2011.blogspot.com/2010/03/multiplicity.html


Visit short emo haircuts for Daily Updated Wedding Dresses Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

My Blog List

Blog Archive