Monday, August 22, 2011

Wiping Walls and Polishing Manuscripts





    So, I was wiping down the walls the other day (please...contain your jealousy of my glamourous life) ;-) and, as often occurs, was reminded of writing.



    See, I grabbed a rag just to wipe off some finger prints I saw on the door jamb going into the kitchen. But after I wiped those off, I noticed more over on the back door. And then I noticed more on the doorway leading to the stairs, and then I saw more....well, you see what I mean. Pretty soon I had a bucket of suds and was wiping down every wall, door, and doorway in my house.



    I tend to do this with my manuscripts as well. I often go into revisions thinking "everything is pretty good, I just need to make a few tweaks here and there."



    And then I get into my pages and notice just a few more things that need some cleaning up...and then a couple more things pop up...and then those things lead to a few more things...and before I know it I've gone in an done a complete overhaul of my whole book :D



    This doesn't always happen, of course. But I almost always find more to fix than I thought I needed going in.



    Do you do this? Do you go in thinking all you need is a quick wipe down and end up with a bucket and a scrub brush? :D



    For me, this actually works well. My preconceived notions help keep me from freaking out when I go into revisions. By the time I realize it needs more work than I thought, I'm already elbow deep into scrubbing and am (usually) pumped to keep going :)

Post Title

Wiping Walls and Polishing Manuscripts


Post URL

https://shortemohaircuts2011.blogspot.com/2011/08/wiping-walls-and-polishing-manuscripts.html


Visit short emo haircuts for Daily Updated Wedding Dresses Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

My Blog List

Blog Archive